St. Sepulchre's Cemetery
- This cemetery is always open
St. Sepulchre's Cemetery was opened in 1849 as an overflow for northern Oxford whose existing cemeteries were overflowing due to epidemics. There is no St. Sepulchre's Church.
The Cemetery is now mainly unused with many of the graves in a state of disrepair. However, the cemetery is well kept with modern benches. The atmosphere is quiet and used to be quite surreal, being bounded on two sites by the Lucy's factory. The factory has since been demolished and the land redeveloped.
To reach the cemetery, pass through the iron gates next to Londis on Walton Street. The track passes through a stone gatehouse and onto a path leading through the cemetery.
Some of the gravestones have been photographed and transcribed at https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2303178/st-sepulchres-cemetery