- High Street (map of this place)
- OX1 4AW
- Tours can be arranged by contacting the local Tourist Information Office
The 'hall of the Queen's scholars at Oxford' was founded in 1341 by Robert de Eglesfield, a chaplain in the household of Queen Philippa, who named it in her honour. Membership was to be open, but with a preference for inhabitants of Cumberland and Westmorland. Today, although candidates from all possible backgrounds are welcomed and northerners no longer have preference, the College remains conscious of its history and traditions and values its ancient links with Cumberland, Westmorland and Yorkshire.
Famous past students include