The Oxford Guide - Differences between Version 19 and Version 18 of Janetmck/Notes
|Version 19||Version 18|
|== Line 54 ==|
* [http://urchin.earth.li/~kake/oxford-guide/subsets.html Oxford OpenGuide Subset categories/locales]
* [http://urchin.earth.li/~kake/oxford-guide/no-geodata.html Oxford OpenGuide pages with no geodata]
- name should have an apostrophe
- reviews need hiving off into user pages
- Noodle Nation doesn't seem to have a revision history so I can't figure out whose the review is
- need separate pages for branches - I have done
- name should be Caffè Nero (grave, not acute accent on the 'e')
- Cafe Nero comes up in search but node doesn't exist?
- how the heck do I link to the existing page as an internal wiki link? Neither é, é, nor %E9 works.
- Combibo's Coffee shouldn't have an apostrophe in
- G&Ds is hard to search for! How can we fix this? Real names now added in body text ie:
- aren't centering sensibly -- e.g. viewing a map for Donnington http://oxford.openguides.org/wiki/?action=index;format=map;index_type=locale;index_value=Donnington doesn't actually show any of the markers because they're outside the frame. Not sure what the correct behaviour should actually be (keep same centre but add max zoom + max/min lat/long based on included points? centre on e.g. average of included points?) but it's currently not doing the right thing. :-}
- css needs fixing
Special Characters in page names
- See above re Caffe Nero. Also searching for 'Caffe Nero' (no accents) goes straight to Blackwell's without even suggesting the page for Caffè Nero (with correct accent) on Gloucester Green or Caffé Nero (with incorrect accent) on High Street. We may have to omit accents from page names...
- I can't edit the entry for Jericho Café because of the accent in the URL. Accents in URLs seem to work for some pages but not others & I don't understand why ARGH ENCODING ARGH. :-(
Lots of stuff which I think is adequately covered by Wikipedia...
Some excessively subjective stuff:
- 'Internet Access' v 'Internet Cafes' v 'Free Wifi' - subsets, supersets, orthogonal...?
- 'Oriental Food' - remove?
- Locale 'Central' - superset?
- * Can anybody actually come up with an example of a 'Coffee shop' that isn't also a 'Café'? (ie do we need both categories?)
Notes to add
- Broom Tree Café (Ark T Centre) open Mon-Fri 10am-3pm, Ark T Centre, Crowell Rd, Cowley, Oxford OX4 3LN Tel: 396 778
- Grid reference finder
- Templars Square tenants list (can we usefully scrape this?)
- Map of public toilets in Oxford
List all versions