The Oxford Guide - Differences between Version 21 and Version 20 of Locale Jericho
|Version 21||Version 20|
|== Line 4 ==||== Line 4 ==|
Things in Jericho (@MAP_LINK [[Locale Jericho|view them on a map]]):
@INDEX_LIST [[Locale Jericho]]
@INDEX_LINK [[Locale Jericho]]
|== Line 11 ==||== Line 10 ==|
Jericho is the area west of Walton Street, east of the Oxford Canal, south of Walton Well Road and north of Worcester place. It takes its name from "The Jericho House" (now the "Jericho Tavern") – a local inn. The area had been home to iron and brass foundries, the Oxford Canal and the Oxford University Press but Jericho was extensively rebuilt between 1870 and 1940 when tennements and buildings dating from the industrial revolution were demolished.
The Jericho Echo is available online.
List all versions