You should probably use the ticketing system now:
The RSS feed for recent changes seems to be invalid, according to this feed validator. Apparently it's being served with the wrong Content-Type and there's confusion as to its encoding. I believe this may be causing this problem with LiveJournal syndication - PerfDave
Can we get the edit form to insist that the user includes a comment describing their change? I keep forgetting to include something in this field. - PerfDave
Pass. It's ugly and I'd rather we either used the mailing list or the ticketing system :) --Dom
Square brackets around links to external pages look ugly. Is there any chance of preventing them from being displayed? -- James
- Not that I know of. I actually disagree in any case; it's a useful way of distinguishing between internal and external links, so I'd rather the convention was kept. --Dom
- Couldn't that be done within the stylesheet? --James
- Stylesheet sounds like the best plan. I'll look into it unless someone else does first. --Kake
I was wondering if the Clubs category should be renamed Nightclubs, or if it's unlikely that any other sort of club will appear. :) --Art
- It's true that Clubs is potentially confusing as it could be used to mean University type clubs (ie societies). --Dom
James: My spelling is bad I know. Is it possible to add some sort of spell check? Even if it's just a list of mispelled words so I can go back and re-edit the entry?
- Not my itch; patches welcome :) --Kake
Dom: Perhaps we need specific metadata entries for URLs to other guides/reviews?
- Could do, yes — I mainly worry about making the edit form overcomplex and huge. But this is something the RDF people are interested in, so I'll probably add it. --Kake
James: How about offering the wanted pages ordered by the number of times they are wanted as well as by alphabetical ordering?
- Oh, nice idea. That'll require a patch to CGI::Wiki, so I'll have a think about it. --Kake
- Might also be nice to replicate Wanted Nodes as a special case in OpenGuides. --Dom
- Replicate how? --Kake
- I explained myself badly. What I mean is that Wanted Nodes should be a "special" page in OpenGuides, such that it is a place people can submit names of things they want to be added to the guide, and it would be automatically included in the Wanted Pages page, and automatically deleted from both pages when the node exists. In fact, it's probably not that important to even have a list of the pages people have "manually" requested; it would just be a case of having a special case for the "backlink". I hope that makes slightly more sense. --Dom
Information about businesses etc needs a "last checked" field. Otherwise people won't know how reliable it is - this will particularly be a problem for the opening hours and (less so) phone numbers, from experience with another system that records this kind of information. --Ganesh
See also Comments Archive.