Coffee house/café on the High Street, sandwiched between The Queen's College and St. Edmund Hall, serving breakfast, coffee, baguettes, panini, salads, and cakes.

Originally located at number 39 on the corner of Queens Lane and the High, in 2003 they expanded into the shop next door. On their website they say they are "reputed to be the oldest coffee house in Europe" — however, according to the Oxford History entry linked below, although "it is believed that Oxford's first coffee house, in 1654, may have been on or near this site", "the present use of the building as a coffee house only dates from c.1970".

As of October 2009, Café Bonjour in Headington also appears to be trading under the QL name.

See also:

OS X co-ord: 451855     OS Y co-ord: 206280     (Latitude: 51.752356 Longitude: -1.248714)
Last edited 2012-04-09 10:31:07 (version 20; diff). List all versions.