Jericho is the area west of Walton Street, east of the Oxford Canal, south of Walton Well Road and north of Worcester place. It takes its name from "The Jericho House" (now the "Jericho Tavern") – a local inn. The area had been home to iron and brass foundries, the Oxford Canal and the Oxford University Press but Jericho was extensively rebuilt between 1870 and 1940 when tenements and buildings dating from the industrial revolution were demolished.

The Jericho Echo is available online.

Things in Jericho (view them on a map):

OS X co-ord: 450630     OS Y co-ord: 206895     (Latitude: 51.757997 Longitude: -1.266371)
Last edited 2012-03-01 21:00:47 (version 22; diff). List all versions.